I’ve been trying to use my participation in One Game a Month to take each game project and try to learn one new aspect of game development in its development.
One thing I’ve never done is make a platformer. I figured that it would take some time to figure out the jumping physics and . . . → Read More: My May #1GAM’s Progress
For my April project for One Game a Month, I liked the idea of making a game for my nieces to play to learn colors and shapes. I thought of having animals to click on, and initially it was frogs, but when I settled on turtles, it all clicked together.
Download Toytles Colors for . . . → Read More: April #1GAM Entry: Toytles Colors
I did it.
I thought I had a design that was a bit too ambitious, but I somehow managed to finish my March entry for One Game a Month.
“The New Worlds” is a space exploration game. Your homeworld’s star is known to go nova eventually. Evacuating everyone is the only option, and evacuation . . . → Read More: March #1GAM Entry: The New Worlds
Last month, I finished my One Game a Month February project on the last day, just in time to submit it and get credit for it. Whew!
February’s project was made in almost 12 hours of actual work throughout the month. That is, for about 3 hours per week, I was able to hack a . . . → Read More: Jumping Into The March #1GAM Project
I’m in crunch at the day job, and so I didn’t have weekends like I had hoped to work on a game project. Luckily, I had finished the design of this two-player card game, and it counts. I call it “Walls and Armies”, and the rules are below.
Setup: Take a standard 52 . . . → Read More: January #1GAM Entry: Walls and Armies